Job Title: Digital PMO Analyst
Location: Forbury Place, Reading
Salary: £34,123– £45,066 depending on skills and experience
Permanent I Full Time Hours
As a Digital PMO Analyst you will report into the Digital PMO Manager within the Digital Product Office. The Digital Product Office is the team within SSE’s Retail Digital Studio that provides the framework surrounding the agile delivery teams.
In this role you will utilise the Digital Governance Framework to track the progress of initiatives across the Studio, and provide a view on the implementation of the Digital Roadmap. You will help guide and support delivery teams to deliver value to customers and stakeholders by applying the Digital Governance Framework, and ensure that appropriate governance and reporting are established and embedded for all projects. The role also involves maintaining financial controls and systems. This includes budgeting for project expenditure and carrying out day to day activities for programme-level reporting.
The Digital Governance Framework is evolving, and there will be the opportunity to help shape the framework to ensure that it continues to be fit for purpose for the delivery of projects in an agile environment.
You will need a strong background in project governance, to be able support and advise on best practices, and be able to exercise judgement where required. You should be flexible in ways of working, be ready to challenge, and also be open to challenges.
In this role the key responsibilities are:
- To carry out day to day governance and support activities for deliveries that are part of the Digital Studio Roadmap.
- Embed and enhance effective, standardised and best practice reporting across the portfolio for our stakeholders, including executive-level reporting.
- Facilitate onboarding and inductions.
- Implement and maintain consistent templates across the Studio to drive consistency and supports effectiveness.
- Manage production and consolidation of the required Governance reports across the Studio.
- Ensure that all necessary information is available for effective decision making at all levels.
- Facilitate and maintain an efficient and achievable reporting cycle and calendar.
- Liaise with our third party assurance providers for Checkpoint reviews.
- Enhance and improve existing project management tools.
- Continue to update and improve Agile ways of working to alinement of the Digital Governance framework.
- Facilitate and own Digital governance meetings, Project Review boards (PRB) and Checkpoint meetings.
- Coordinate the collation and review of Digital Studio and project RAID documentation.
- Supporting financial processes, including raising purchase order requisitions.
- Maintain and monitor the PMO mailbox ensuring all requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Digital Studio Document Library to defined standards and structure ensuring all documents are effectively managed and controlled.
- Ensure that document naming conventions are followed, timely review are undertaken and appropriate sign off is stored.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide coaching in PMO processes and agile ways of working.
- Carry out additional duties for the PMO Manager as directed.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to be flexible and show initiative. You will have a strong background in PMO functions, ideally with Project management methodology Prince 2 or a good knowledge of programme governance, and some experience of Agile. You will have good communication skills and experience of working collaboratively to coach others to implement new ways of working. You should have a solid understanding of collaborative tools and be a competent user of MS Office applications. You should feel comfortable in a challenging environment where you need to be able to influence others in order to get things done brilliantly whilst continually developing your own skills and knowledge.
Our Retail business is a market leader in supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as telecoms, broadband and boiler cover. We supply energy to more than seven million household and business account under our brands: SSE, SSE Scottish Hydro, SSE Southern Electric and SSE SWALEC in the Great Britain market and SSE Airtricity in the markets in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly; we want to make life easier for you, find ways of saving you money, and be on hand to help when you need us the most, that’s our customer promise.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 26th March 2018.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.