Job Title: Director of Business Development
Location: Berkshire based with travel to the Reading office
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience plus annual incentive, company car/ cash allowance and excellent benefits package
Permanent | Full Time Hours |37 hours per week
SSE Enterprise Telecoms have ambitious growth plans in the next few years and as such we're currently looking for an experienced Business Development Director to work within our Sales, Marketing and Operations teams in pursuit of new prospects in excess of £3m.
As Director of Business Development, you’ll lead, plan, and develop execution of profitable growth for the SSE Telecoms business. Key to this is the development of new opportunities in alignment with Business Strategy and plans for sustainable business growth.
In this role you will leverage robust relationships with key strategic accounts and partners, supported by sales account planning, to ensure agreed objectives and alignment with safety, quality, technical and customer service standards.
You will lead a focus on developing customer propositions with enduring long term value and operate as a senior member of the Telecoms Leadership team interfacing with the rest of the Enterprise business and the central business development management team.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful in applying for this role, you will be required to:
- Possess an extensive understanding of the Telecoms industry
- Have a good understanding of the challenges and intricacies of operating successfully within a matrix management structure, ensuring a consultative approach to business development
- Knowledge of the Telecoms market with regards to competitor positioning, current market dynamics and developments and the evolving opportunities these bring to SSE.
- Prior experience of delivering of a business model that achieves a successful end-to-end "Solutions" approach to both BAU and strategic customer requirements
- Sound financial knowledge with an ability to interpret company accounts and create budgets with client business plans
- Experience of operating within a large company environment (with experience of both the public and private sectors) with proficiency in managing all levels of stakeholders to enable achievement of objectives
- Demonstrable track record of growing revenue and profit through diversified services for key account customers that include investment appraisal experience
- Successful track record with strong deal structuring experience with proven capability to close significant scale of opportunities typically in excess of £50mn
- An ability to lead, articulate and communicate a vision and strategy for the Telecoms business as well as an ability to work well across multi-functional and sometimes remote teams would be essential.
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Telecoms operates a 13,700km private telecoms network, with 265 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You’ll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (inclusive of public holidays), with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our “Be the Difference” scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 27, March 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.