Commercial Analyst - Utilities
Apply now Job no: 516673
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Central London/West End, City, East London, Middlesex, North East London, North London, North West London, South East London, South West London, West London, Berkshire, M25
Categories: Regulation, Transmission, Thermal, Renewables, Energy Portfolio Management, Water, Commercial, Energy Solutions
Job Title: Commercial Analyst - Utilities
Location: London or Reading
Salary: £23,000 – £35,000 depending on skills and experience, bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours |37 hours per week
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy and Private Networks business for SSE . We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers – providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
As Commercial Analyst, your role will be within business operations supporting the Decentralised Energy Team in the running of day-to-day tasks, as well as long-term planning and performance tracking of the business.
- Identify, own and implement work streams, projects and/or initiatives aimed at streamlining and making more efficient the business operations in order to achieve increased profitability
- Actively incorporate learnings from and share with the Commercial, Business Development, Asset Management, amongst other relevant teams, with the end-goal of maximising the profitability of the portfolio of assets and the business - You will also be responsible for data accuracy and the “so-what” of analysis outcomes. - Leading on business planning efforts such as annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, long-term planning, analysis of new sectors and opportunities - Integrate inputs from across teams, be responsible for data quality, perform analysis and sensitivities, and review outputs with Management Team for final sign-off - Be the main interface with the Finance and Asset Teams - Creating interesting and impactful content to go to the SSE management board and senior decision makers
Your Skills and Experience
- Degree educated
- Experience in an analytical or commercial role within the finance, consulting, business development or energy industry - Detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills and a curiosity and capacity to understand complex commercial and project issues. - Proven ability to effectively prioritise, plan, organise and balance immediate and longer term business priorities. - Able to build and sustain working relationships with key stakeholders at various levels both internally and externally - Able to understand a P&L statement - Good Project Management skills as well as experience working with databases and Microsoft office packages to produce materials for reporting and for formal presentations including monthly asset packs, asset reviews and KPI reporting
- A good numerical and energy understanding would be beneficial as is an understanding of corporate finance
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Utilities deliver multi-utility infrastructure and distributed energy networks for large scale developments across the UK, offering market leading solutions for our customers’ electricity, gas, water and heat needs. We can bring significant investment, providing a range of funding and asset management options for utility infrastructure projects.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans - Group Pension Plan - One day paid volunteering - Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 30th May, 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time 16 May 2018
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
30 May 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend